|학력 및 경력||
- Private Tutor (January 2017 – Present):
● I currently tutor privately for ESOL, English, and the 11+
● I am developing methods of planning my own lessons and curriculum, responsive to learners' needs,
learning to prioritise which topics and materials to use in sessions
● Working with a diverse set of students from different backgrounds, abilities and ages, from Beginners
to Advanced speakers
● Gaining experience from running a small business, including taking note of accounts and payments
- Volunteer English Teacher, St Chad's Sanctuary (May 2017 – Present):
● I teach English classes to refugees of all levels, though my focus is on Entry 1 (A1 – B1 CEFR)
● These are mixed-ability classes, so I am careful to make the content and presentation accessible for all
● This has been a great opportunity to liaise with other teachers in planning and delivering classes and
building a curriculum
● My students have varied and sometimes complicated backgrounds, so I am learning to be sensitive
when planning lesson topics.
- English Teacher, The English Experience (August 2017 - September 2017):
● Taught at an English Camp in Italy to 8-14 year olds
● Delivered fun and engaging lessons with clear language goals, in accordance to targets set by the school
and in tandem with other teachers at the camp
● Learnt how to build rapport with students of various ages in a short span of time
● Effectively resolved complicated behaviour issues when they arose
- Cover Supervisor (January 2017 – March 2017):
● I have worked with multiple agencies providing cover teaching for schools
● Learned how to best engage students under the age of 18
● I have been given the chance to teach consistent classes and to adapt approaches to their needs
- CELTA Teaching Practice (September 2016 – December 2016):
● Worked with other trainees to create a temporary curriculum throughout the practice placement,
covering all required topics for the learners.
● Applied presentation skills gained from working with performance groups, whilst keeping a level
appearance and understanding of topics being taught.
● Teaching sessions were accompanied by feedback sessions with other trainees and experienced
teachers, where performance was analysed and points for improvement were made
● This experience also demonstrated the importance of having rapport with learners, and how this can
help them to succeed.
- Assistant Workshop Leader, Writing West Midlands (2015-2016):
● Assisted running monthly workshops for young people in creative writing.
● Developed and structured icebreakers and warm-up exercises that were fun and engaging while also
developing the writers’ skills
● The informal but attentive nature of the group meant I developed methods of teaching young people
that was educational and informative, whilst treating the group as adults and not “talking down”
● Was asked on occasion to run the workshop in absence of the group leader. These experiences have
inspired me to pursue a teaching career outside of mainstream education in the future.
- Various Improvisation Troupes (2013-Present):
● I run workshops in improvisation for various groups, including adults, children and families.
● Emphasis is on fun, but I also promote confidence and presentation skills through active learning.
● From these experiences I am confident using active, fun and engaging methods to teach, and have developed an open and enthusiastic personality in my teaching
- Volunteer Teacher, Portishead Amateur Swimming Club (2011 - 2012):
● Worked as part of a unit of volunteers, teaching children a basic curriculum.
● Learnt to respond conscientiously to pupils' needs and difficulties, so they could enjoy lessons,
and thinking alternatively when a pupil couldn't understand or had difficulty.
- University of Birmingham (May 2016 – November 2016):
● Temporary placements in numerous departments, gaining insight into how a large institute functions
● Handled sensitive and detailed data, developing my attention to detail.
● Performed front-of-house duties, checking supplies and state of facilities, and organised and
supplied teacher resources and archives. This encouraged strong organisation and amiable
● Some tasks were observed by other bodies (such as the British Council), requiring that I had a system
of organisation that was effective whilst accessible for observers.
|자기소개 및 특이사항||I have worked as an English teacher for children and adults in the UK and Italy, and I currently work as a Private Tutor and volunteer teacher. Prior to becoming an English teacher, I volunteered as a workshop leader and volunteer teacher in various locations. I studied Philosophy at the University of Birmingham|